This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Harvard University PhD Scholarship for International Students, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Harvard University PhD Scholarship for International Students, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is full
- All the following course offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- All courses
- International students students are eligible
- All PhD and Postdoctoral applicants are eligible
The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies’ Academy Scholars Program seeks out and supports outstanding scholars who are just beginning their academic careers and whose work combines excellence in a social science discipline with a command of the language and knowledge or expertise of nations or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Their research should cross traditional disciplinary boundaries and clarify comparative, global, or domestic problems from the past or the present.
The Academy Scholars are an exclusive group of people who have initiative, ingenuity, and inventiveness and whose work demonstrates potential as a basis for careers in research universities or international organizations.
- Application deadline is September 23, 2023
Harvard University PhD Scholarship for International Students, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- All courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- Five or six Academy Scholars are selected each year for two-year in-residence appointments with a $75,000 yearly stipend, to be completed within a three-year time frame. The postdoctoral fellowship must be accepted for Year 1 no later than the fall following the offer. The commencement of Year 1 cannot be delayed or postponed. Academy Scholars may request a one-time leave of absence (up to 12 months) between Years 1 and 2, but only in order to accept or maintain a tenure-track teaching job. During their appointment, Academy Scholars are not permitted to accept any additional funds, honors, or duties.
Harvard University PhD Scholarship for International Students, USA 2023-24 is for PhD and Postdoctoral applicants.
Number of Awards
- Not specified
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Harvard University PhD Scholarship for International Students, USA 2023-24:
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate degrees are required (within two years after the commencement date of August 1, 2024).
- in the social sciences; advanced PhD candidates.
- For a start date of August 1, 2024, they must be able to provide degree conferral documents from their university’s registrar’s office by June 30, 2024. (Scholars finishing their dissertations)
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- To complete the application procedure, candidates must create an account and log in to the official scholarship application portal.
- The official scholarship application page is where applicants must submit their applications online.
- The required paperwork must be submitted with the application by the applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Harvard University PhD Scholarship for International Students, USA 2023-24
- It is a PhD and Postdoctoral position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Harvard University
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for International applicants.